Review and description of Volkswagen Arteon 2021:
exterior, interior, technical details.
The content of the article:
- Exterior Volkswagen Arteon 2021
- Interior Volkswagen Arteon 2021
- Specifications Volkswagen Arteon 2021
At the peak of the popularity of the luxury sedan Arteon, the German carmaker Volkswagen has presented a global update. The 2021 Volkswagen Arteon is based on the legendary Passat and features an elegant body design, roomy interior, and improved driving performance. Volkswagen Arteon 2021 is designed for representatives of all ages who value comfort and safety and also pay due attention to external characteristics.
Exterior Volkswagen Arteon 2021
During the restyling of the Volkswagen Arteon 2021, it underwent significant changes that affected the design of the exterior and interior, the onboard equipment, and technical specifications. The exterior of the Volkswagen Arteon 2021 has become the most striking and distinctive. In addition, the designers have brought even more elegance and sportiness to the body design.
The textured front bumper has two cutouts to improve air exchange between the brakes. Inside there is a grill and black plastic elements. There is a massive air intake in the center, and the lower segment has a silver frame.
The exterior of the Volkswagen Arteon 2021 radiator grille received an impressive bend and design with many chrome inserts. The front headlamp units are elegantly shaped and lightly woven into the fenders. Externally, the LED strips of the running lights look like a single piece with the components of the false radiator grille.
The extended bonnet has a characteristic downward slope for improved safety. Above the headlamp units, there are auxiliary stiffeners.
The side-view mirrors are stylishly designed with a two-tone layout. They are equipped with turn signals and are designed to improve visibility from the driver’s seat.
Smooth body lines create an unusual silhouette. The sloping roofline, sloping bonnet, and short overhang at the rear give the exterior maximum dynamism. There is a slight curve on the surface of the doorknobs, and a thin silver line can be seen on the front fenders. Side sills have received stylish chrome plating.
Underneath the aggressive wheel arches are openwork alloy wheels. The basic configuration includes 17 “wheels, but 18, 19, or 20” rollers can be considered as an option.
At the rear, the exterior of the 2021 Volkswagen Arteon can be identified by the elegant LED brake light optics. The rectangular rear lights are divided into several segments for maximum visibility at any time of the day.
The rear bumper has a neat area for the number plate, and on the sides, there are thin reflectors. The perimeter of the structure has received a chrome frame, and in the lower part, there are trapezoidal exhaust pipes.
The luggage compartment lid has a miniature spoiler that positively influences the overall concept of the exterior. The trunk holds 563 liters of cargo in the usual configuration and 1550 liters when the rear row of seats is folded down.
Depending on the configuration, the following distinctive features may be present in the body design of the Volkswagen Arteon 2021:
The R-Line is visually split into two parts with pseudo exhaust pipes and additional navigation light segments that form an original composition across the entire width of the body;
The top-of-the-line R 2021 has a more aggressive exterior. It is equipped with a massive radiator grille, a front bumper with large air intake segments, and a 5-door spoiler. There are four exhaust pipes located under the rear bumper. In the most productive sedan of the series, there are original wheels, black decor, and brakes with blue colors. The letter R appeared on the luggage compartment lid, stylized in a sporty design;
The Shooting Brake station wagon looks no less beautiful and luxurious than the liftback. This is due to the presence of a tilted tailgate with a sports spoiler at the top.
The dimensions of the new Volkswagen Arteon 2021 have also changed. The length of the vehicle has been increased by 60 mm, while the width and height have been increased by 16 and 32 mm. At the same time, the clearance indicator decreased by 16 mm, and the distance between the wheel axles added 126 mm. Thanks to these innovations, the volume of the luggage compartment has received an additional 30 liters, and the reserve of space for passengers in the back row has expanded.
Interior Volkswagen Arteon 2021
The interior of the 2021 Volkswagen Arteon has gone through a number of important changes. The seats have wide adjustments, allowing the driver to take the most comfortable position. At the same time, comfort options are available in all trim levels. In premium versions, there is an electric drive, a hold function, and seat ventilation.
The second row can comfortably accommodate up to 3 people, but maximum comfort is provided only to two passengers. The redesigned seatbacks have increased the amount of knee room, and the auxiliary platform for controlling the climate system settings has improved the comfort of choosing the optimal temperature in the cabin.
A folding armrest is provided between the seats at the back, in which there are two cup holders. Behind it is a boot access hatch for transporting long items.
Interior Volkswagen Arteon 2021 The front panel layout looks modern and unusual. The air deflectors have a rectangular shape, creating visibility of the “strings” visually extending beyond the door cards. In the central part, there is an analog clock, which gives luxury and elegance to the interior design.
The 4-spoke multifunction steering wheel has a host of useful buttons and a distinctive cut at the bottom for easy entry. In the basic version, there are 2 dials on the dashboard, and in advanced trim levels, an electronic tidy with a 12.3-inch diagonal and several display modes appeared.
The center console has pleased with a completely renewed media center. The standard infotainment complex is able to monitor the degree of driver fatigue, supports voice or gesture control. You can display navigation maps, play videos or play music on the display. Also, the car can be controlled via Apple CarPlay and Android Automobile packages.
Depending on the configuration, the Volkswagen Arteon 2021 has leather or fabric trim with metal and plastic inserts. Cheap plastic panels are excluded – luxurious and soft varieties are used instead. As for the metal surfaces, they are ergonomic and wear-resistant. Fabric coverings are as luxurious and elegant as possible. Basically, the quality of the materials is not satisfactory, and their design looks as original and practical as possible.
Specifications Volkswagen Arteon 2021
Volkswagen Arteon 2021 is built on the basis of the modular MQB platform, which is used on many other models of the German automaker. With its help, engineers were able to integrate any options for power plants under the hood.
The initial engine for the European market was a 1.5-liter 4-cylinder turbo engine with a power reserve of 190 “horses”. A 2-liter, the 280-horsepower shaped exhaust is also available. In the first case, an exclusively 6-speed manual transmission is used, and in the second – a 7-band “automatic”.
A 2-liter diesel engine is expected to appear. In the basic version, it has 150 “horses” of power and a 6-speed manual or 7-band gearbox.
The more progressive version generates 200 hp. from. power and comes with identical transmissions.
Equipment Volkswagen Arteon 2021
Comfort options are represented by such innovations:
- Easy Pro system. Provides easy, the hands-free opening of the tailgate. To do this, slide your foot under the rear bumper and the cover rises automatically.
- Rear View Camera. Whether you have to park in tight spaces, reversing, or navigating narrow streets, the Rear View Camera with Rear Assist is the perfect companion. The platform starts automatically when you press reverse gear. And since the camera is integrated into the logo of the automaker, the image transmission quality is always at the highest level.
- Lane control assistant. In order not to deviate from the set course, creating discomfort for other road users, it is enough to activate the Lane Assist function. If the vehicle moves without the turn signal turned on, the electronics will automatically return it to its original position.
- Emergency braking option when obstacles are detected. Front Assist is an indispensable assistant in unforeseen situations that often happen on the road. If the electronic package detects that the distance between the car in front has sharply decreased, and the driver does not react in any way, he will automatically start to brake.
- A 360 ° view of the Area View. With the help of four cameras, you can view the situation around the car in a 360-degree radius. The monitor displays a picture from 4 cameras, which simplifies maneuvering in conditions of busy traffic. A bird’s-eye view option is provided by default.
- Adaptive cruise control ACC. The complex provides full control over the traffic situation even in heavy traffic conditions. It allows you not only to maintain a given speed but also to adjust it taking into account the distance between the car in front. In traffic jams, the system is simply irreplaceable, because it allows you to relax, and not constantly get underway.
- DCC active chassis control. The suspension control system with flexible settings allows you to change the degree of stiffness of the chassis, taking into account the driving style or operating conditions of the machine.
Volkswagen Arteon 2021 is the undisputed flagship of the automotive market in its price segment. It is presented in a luxurious design, with a popular body layout and progressive technical characteristics. The model will appeal to both young people and representatives of the older generation.