Red Bull driver Max Verstappen showed the fastest time in qualifying for the French Grand Prix.
During the third segment, the Dutchman covered the circle in 1 minute 29.990 seconds, ahead of the nearest pursuer in the person of Lewis Hamilton by 0.258 seconds. Valtteri Bottas will start third on Sunday.
Japanese Yuki Tsunoda crashed the car without completing a single lap, and the stewards first “wrote off” a fast lap, and then he got into traffic and refused to fight.
Mick Schumacher also crashed the car, but before that, he showed a result that allowed him to break into the second segment. For the German, reaching this part of the qualification was the first in his career.
World Championship. 7th stage. French Grand Prix
1. Max Verstappen (Netherlands, Red Bull) – 1.29,990
2. Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain, Mercedes) – +0.258
3. Valtteri Bottas (Finland, Mercedes) – +0.386
4. Sergio Perez (Mexico, Red Bull) – +0.455
5. Carlos Sainz (Spain, Ferrari) – +0.850
6. Pierre Gasly (France, “Alpha Tauri”) – +0.878
7. Charles Leclair (Monaco, Ferrari) – +0.997
8. Lando Norris (Great Britain, McLaren) – +1,262
9. Fernando Alonso (Spain, Alpin) – +1.350
10. Daniel Ricciardo (Australia, McLaren) – 1.392
after the second segment
11. Esteban Ocon (France, “Alpin”)
12. Sebastian Vettel (Germany, Aston Martin)
13. Antonio Giovinazzi (Italy, Alfa Romeo)
14. George Russell (Great Britain, Williams)
15. Mick Schumacher (Germany, “Haas”)
after the first segment
16. Nicolas Latifi (Canada, Williams)
17. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland, Alfa Romeo)
18. Nikita Mazepin (Russia, “Haas”)
19. Lance Stroll (Canada, Aston Martin)
20. Yuki Tsunoda (Japan, “Alpha Tauri”).